Compare Life Insurance Quotes
Compare life insurance quotes and protect your family.
Life insurance is a policy that pays out a lump to your lump sum to your loved ones if you were to pass away within the term of the policy. If your children, partner or dependents rely on your income to cover the bills or other living expenses then it may be a good idea to take out protection, as it will provide for your family in the event of your death.
When taking out a life policy, it is important to know if your policy also includes terminal illness cover - this means that if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness, you will receive a payment. This is only paid out during the term of your cover. Each policy is different, so make sure to speak with our brokers to include terminal illness cover.
Benefits to taking out life insurance
If the worst was to happen and you were to sadly pass away, A life insurance pay out can protect your loved ones and be used to:
- Pay for education or childcare costs
- Help to payoff off a mortgage
- Receive a cash lump sum
- Replace an income
What type of life insurance policy do you need?
When taking out life cover there are 2 types of policies. These are usually based on a level or decreasing basis.
- Decreasing policy: With a decreasing policy the amount of cover reduces over the term of the policy. A decreasing policy is one of the most popular choices as it is used to cover the outstanding balance of a repayment mortgage.
- Level Term Policy: With a level term policy amount you’re covered for is fixed (stays the same) for the duration of the policy. If you were to pass away during the policy term you will still receive a guaranteed lump sum pay out.
What doesn’t life insurance cover?
Life Insurance only covers death. If for any reason you can’t provide for your family because of illness or disability, you will not be covered. Although in the case of illness, some policies will cover this under critical illness insurance. Most policies have some exclusion. For example, most policies will not pay out if:
- you pass away due to drug or alcohol abuse.
- You may have to pay a higher premium if you engage in some sports.
- Death due to a pre-existing serious health condition may not be covered.
Who doesn't need a life policy?
If you are single, or if your partner earns enough to provide for your family if you die, you may not need life cover? However you may want to set enough aside to pay for your funeral, or take out a funeral plan.
Is life insurance good value for money?
If you’re under 50 and still healthy, life insurance is very good value for money. It often works out at just a few pence per day to provide your family with financial protection should the worst happen.
On average how much does life insurance cost?
Life insurance can start from as little as just £5 per month.
This being said, there are many factors to take into consideration such as health, age, smoker or non smoker, occupation, length and any other life insurance policies.
On average a smoker will pay £20 per month for life insurance compared to non-smokers.
Why get a life insurance quote with Quote Me Less
Quote Me Less has teamed up with the award winning insurance brokers from across the United Kingdom. Our life insurance brokers will find you the best policy for less money under our no obligation service. When searching for a life policy it is very important to put all your correct information down, this will help you get the best deals.
Other types of life insurance to consider
Benefits of life insurance
There are many benefits when taking out life insurance but here are a few reasons to why you should purchase life cover.
- Will help towards funeral expenses.
- Will pay-off your mortgage in event of death.
- Will help support your family with education or childcare costs.
- All Medical conditions are accepted.
Our life insurance guide will help you find the right life insurance policy.